FASHION – Design Assistant – Women’s Youth Street / Urban Wear $45k
Established supply to retail company working with well known youth brands, commonly stocked in the likes of Glue and General Pants, are now seeking to add to their team. In this newly created position you will be reporting to the Designer and assisting with the development and design process. The successful candidate will need to have a keen eye for the latest trends and a strong understanding of the commercial product development process.
As an experienced design assistant you must have strong experience in Illustrator, and be able to put together technical packs for the production team.
- Trend research
- Preparation of story boards
- Design specifications for overseas development
- Fabric and trim sourcing / development
- Size specifications
- Liaising with suppliers
- Keeping detailed style records
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 2 – 3 years experience in a design assistant / product development role
- Previous experience working with women’s youth product is essential
- Creative thinker with excellent communication skills
- Photoshop and Illustrator skills essential
- Strong understanding of production process
- Technical understanding of garment construction
- Strong organisation and time management skills
::: TO FAST TRACK YOUR APPLICATION :::
Please present your CV IN WORD FORMAT + 2 x RELEVANT EXAMPLES IN PDF OR JPG FORMAT
Email to Aleks at firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job code 1204-4
For a complete list of our vacancies please visit our website www.whointhezoo.com.au
THANK YOU FOR YOUR APPLICATION.
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO FIT THE CLIENTS BRIEF WILL BE CONTACTED.